Sunday, September 4, 2011

AC down crochet gift

Hello Everyone,

Well it has been an interesting weekend so far.  Our AC broke yesterday and it was over 90 degrees.  So we were up most of the night extremely hot!!  Tuesday our AC will hopefully be fixed.  Luckily we got some relief going to church today.  We love church.  Our son loves it and so do we.  Do any of you go to church?  It makes me feel closer to God.  It never did before but now it does.  Plus I pray for other people and love to help other people then I don't think about my own problems.  And it is fun for me.
It is a hard lesson to teach your kids.  How to care about other people and their feelings.  Even other kids toys.  Ha ha  Our son is rough on everything.  Kids are extremely demanding and selfish.
I will be taking my son to volunteer this fall and help less fortunate people.  We will help out by collecting cans for food banks.  Visiting elderly in nursing homes.  Visiting sick kids in hospitals, donating toys and clothes to the less fortunate families and kids.  I think the only way to teach him is to show him.  Right?  What are your thoughts? Lets discuss it!!

As promised here is a picture of how that hat and those shoes that I crocheted for a baby shower came out.   If you are interested in the patterns I can email you the websites where I got them. Just drop me a note.
Well I am planning on taking a much needed nap since it is too hot to move away from my fan.
Thank you to all of our friends who offered to have us come over for the day.  We love you all.
Talk to you soon





No comments:

Post a Comment