Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tornados

Hello Friends,

Well we finally have AC!! Yeah the man fixed it this morning.  I went to my son's school for a new parent orientation called Tissues and Tea.  It was nice.  I signed up to be a ROOM MOM!!  So I had my first meeting for that afterwards.  I am sure that I don't know what I have gotten myself into.  Ha ha
Our weather is not good today.  It is raining with lots of storms due to TS Lee!  Now we are in tornado warnings for the entire day.  Ugh I hate tornadoes.  I think it is funny what they tell you to do if you see one coming.  Some of it is common sense but some things I think are stupid.
For instance:
  • Stay away from windows (duh.. ha ha  I want to stand in front of one when there is a tornado)
  • Cram yourselves into a room in your house with no windows (well that makes sense)
  • If outside find a ditch and lay down in it (Say What??  No Way)  
  • Go to a basement or lowest level in your home (makes sense)
  • Have flashlights (yeah good)
  • If you are in a mobile home you are safer outside than in your home(?)
  • Stay away from trees (duh why would I stand near a tree or even be outside in a tornado?)
  • If you hear a train sound take cover (I'm not sure they sound like trains)
My advice is to not listen to the weather people most of the time.  I keep track of the weather from the weather channel online.  I find it the best and most accurate information...So has anyone else signed up to be a room mom?  Are you a member of the PTA?  How involved are you in your child's school?

What are some of your strategies for staying alive during tornadoes?  What are the craziest things you have heard of people doing or you do during bad weather? 
Let's chat and strike up a conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment